Saturday, September 5, 2009

ch ch changes

turn and face the strain.
so today i took out my nose ring...which was a lot harder for me to do than anyone would think. and i had to. i didnt want to but my work was making me get a stud and then i couldnt find one so i just took it out completely. and the whole time of doing it i kept thinking of one time when i was at H.O.P.E. with the baxters -rachel and gretchen was singing changes by david bowie and instead of singing "ch ch changes, turn and face the strain" she was singing "ch ch changes turn and run away" and she didnt know and it was funny but i got to thinking today while taking out my nose ring at how often we turn and run away. instead of accepting things how they are we choose to just run. time may change you, but you cant trace time. things happen. you get older. you start a new chapter of life every once and awhile. and during it all you begin to realize that you just gotta face it. i dont want to take out my nose ring. i dont want to work and go to school. but i have to. i mean taking out my nose ring isnt the only change im going through but i think it was the opening to the realization that there are so many changes going on that im trying to run from. because i want to please everyone and myself. but i have to just change them.
genesis 24:50 "this is clearly from the lord, we cannot change what must happen" this are going to happen because they need to. people are going to pass away, your campus is going to move, your position will be something different, you might have to take out your nose ring, or stop buying things and save money. and those seem like negative things. but they need to happen. you cant change what needs to happen. sometimes you can even choose what you want to change. i know its crazy but not everything changes just because it has to. there are times when you change because you arent happy with how things have been. im tired of always arguing, so im going to change that. im tired of being tired, so im gonna change that. im done with having to please everyone. so im going to change that. life and things and change is only negative if you make it. im learning to live with the crazy changes that must happen
=]]

2 comments:

  1. hey sweets! I love the phrase: "The only thing permanent is change". <-- how true is that!?1?

    There are so many changes happening all the time. Certianly makes life exciting. And sometimes swirly. And sometimes scary.

    Change brings about growth, and I say, "bring it!" I welcome growth. It's fun to look back and see where I have been; compared to where I am now. Change is a blessing in disguise.

    God's got your back and my back too! I love what He is doing. I honor what He is doing. I trust what He is doing.

    ReplyDelete