Friday, August 28, 2009

mary william evdokimnoff phipps

oh what a name. ive never heard a more beautiful name. as i was growing up..she was growing old. and as i got to the age where i could actually comprehend things she was forgetting more and more. but even then i knew her heart. i could see it in the way she treated and served my mom, and family. and from the stories i heard. and her smile..that she was amaazing.
when i was born she was 80 years old. and at the age of 86 when she would walk to my house to spend the day with me. and eat toast with me. and sing with me. and talk with my mom i just knew that there was no one else like her. i remember the one and only time i spent the night at just her house. she made sure i had a cup of water and enough blankets. and she walked me home the next morning. and i was a kid, and i was asking when we would be done walking..and she just held my hand and said "almost, almost" she was soo strong.
attending her funeral was one of the most amazing things ive ever done. hearing people older than i talk of her made me know her soo much more. things that i knew where there, things that i just learned. i want soooo badly to live my life just as she lived hers. sooo in love with the people she met. always serving everyone around her. making everyone smile. i remember sitting in the funeral seeing people that i have never seen before and asking..."who are these people at MY grandma's funeral? how do they know MY grandma?" and then hearing all that they had to see..showed me that she was not "my" grandma..she was everyones something..she had sooo much love to throw around to everyone..impacting everyone around her. she will be missed sooo much. but if i know her like i swear i do, she doesnt want me or anyone else to fret because she is dancing with the angles. there is a party up in heaven just because she is there. and im sure she is serving everyone around her toast and coffee..i know it.
she belongs to His most deepest nature.

1 comment:

  1. Aly,
    I can't tell you this enough... you are such a beautiful person. Inside and out. I love reading your thoughts and emotions. So raw and so real. I never met your grandma but I am 100% sure that she loved and adored you. Just like everyone who knows you loves and adores you.

    ReplyDelete